This watermelon dog treat recipe is a super easy DIY frozen dog treat recipe that you can make with only three ingredients. It’s quick and easy and my dogs and The Snow Dogs find these treats quite tasty.
Is Watermelon Safe for Dogs?
Yes, watermelon is safe for dogs and most dogs love it. And, it’s full of vitamin A, B-6, C, and potassium. At 92% water, it provides great hydration too.
The only word of caution is to first, remove the rind and seeds, as they can cause intestinal blockage.
For more health benefits, nutritional facts, watermelon dog treat recipes, videos and more, check out our article Can Dogs Eat Watermelon?
Ingredients for Watermelon Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 cup of coconut water or coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 cups pureed, seedless watermelon
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Puree watermelon in a blender. We love our Ninja Blender.
- Add 1 cup of coconut water or coconut milk (unsweetened) to the blender with pureed watermelon
- Add honey if you choose
- Blend everything together
- Pour into silicone trays
- Freeze for several hours
- Let your pups enjoy them!
Instructional Video for Watermelon Dog Treat Recipe
Shop Related Products
Be sure to check out our list of 40 Fruits and Vegetables Dogs Can Eat and Can’t Eat. You’ll find more healthy fruit and veggie options that your dog will enjoy!